Friday, August 13, 2010

Friday the 13th...in a personal positive light


Today marks month 7 since my fathers passing... albeit Friday the 13th... I CHOOSE to view his passing as a step in my personal growth. We all have choices in life. My dad was constantly telling me " Stacie, darlin' we can't control but one thing in life...and that's our attitude." So in honor of my dad's outlook on LIFE after his passing... I choose the positive, optimistic view on all the possibilities for my future. Life is what we make it, period. I miss him more today than ever...and yes, his passing did change my perspective on living. I hate to think that something so tragic will really FORCE someone to do a turn about... to really take "inventory" of life. They should do this when those they love and care for are living...but sometimes... it takes something as BIG as death of a parent or sibling...or child...to really put the emphasis on how short life is, and how very important some people are to us...in the one we have.
Make the best of every day you have, starting today...you CAN make a positive step in the right direction. CHOOSE to live better, for yourself and those around you.

My family consisted of a mother, father, myself and my brother...now my family has come unglued. My hope is that what is left of my family will come together on God's timing. I hope one day I can have a whole family unit for my children...that they may have uncles, aunts, grandparents...and a father figure standing beside me. I would ideally like this not only for my boys, but for me. However, my life plans rest in God's hands.I will surely scamper a little more hurriedly down the path he laid before me...as to make up for lost time. I do regret it taking me so long to draw a bigger picture of what life really means...and who means the most in mine. May my scattered puzzle slowly be pieced back together lovingly by the hand of God. xo <3>< Stacie

No comments: